MotorSport Vision is the UK's largest motor racing circuit operator with Brands Hatch, Donington Park, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Cadwell Park and Bedford Autodrome in our portfolio.
We are currently looking for a new Circuit Manager here at Snetterton in Norfolk. This prestigious position provides an exciting opportunity to head up the team at one of the UK's premier motorsport venues, reporting directly to our Group Operations Manager and Chief Executive.
It is a demanding but rewarding role. You will be responsible for ensuring that the venue grounds, facilities, buildings and of course the track itself are maintained and presented to MSV's industry renowned high standards, ready for daily circuit activity.
You will also need to plan and manage all that happens at the venue, from track days to club racing and most challengingly major promoted events with big crowds, such as the British Touring Car Championship and British Superbike Championship.
You will be responsible for Snetterton's financial performance with regard to operational and event budgets, as well as catering outlets, routine maintenance, development projects, health & safety and HR. You'll have your own team and a wealth of experience from our other capable Circuit Managers to call on, as well as support from MSV Group resources.
Working effectively with representatives from race series and clubs that will visit Snetterton, motorsport governing bodies, the local authority and various tenants and contractors that are on site, is another important part of the job.
- You will need to be a bright and an exceptionally driven individual who can also motivate the team around you to perform consistently at a high level.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organisational skills are essential, along with the ability to cope with tight deadlines and fast changing situations.
- You must have a good commercial awareness and be able to make informed decisions and reasoned recommendations for revenue generating opportunities.
- Producing pre-event budgets and post-event returns will be your responsibility so strong IT skills are a must have, especially Excel.
- Building and developing effective relationships is critical to success. This includes within MSV and externally with a variety of organisation.
Whilst motorsport experience is a great asset it is not essential however, experience of managing large public venues or events, maintenance of extensive grounds and facilities, and undertaking civil engineering projects would be advantageous.
Core working hours are 8.30 - 18.00 in the week, with some flexibility around start and finish times, but in reality the hours are driven by the event calendar. You must be flexible and able to work weekends and Bank Holidays, especially during the race season (typically March to October) along with early starts and late finishes where necessary.
Academic achievements are valued by us and we will be looking for strong results at some or ideally all of GCSEs, A levels, degree or equivalent.
How to apply
If you think you are the right person for this role please apply by clicking the link and attaching:
- A covering letter of no more
than 500 words detailing why you would like this role and
what attributes and
have to make a
success of it
- An up to date and comprehensive CV, including academic qualifications
Given the number of candidates applying to this role, both a CV and covering letter are required to be considered. Once these have been received, we will then be in touch regarding the next stage of the application process.
- Date posted:
- Wednesday, July 27, 2022
- Circuit Manager