GB3/4 one of the leading single seater race series in the UK operating from Bedford Autodrome circuit complex, is looking for a Stores Assistant to join its busy stores/parts department serving the parts needs of its large fleet of Tatuus single seater race cars.
This new and exciting position requires an individual with sound knowledge of automotive and mechanical components, ideally with race car parts knowledge, who has the enthusiasm and flexibility to meet the varied and changing requirements of the role. This will include attendance at the GB3 and GB4 race championship weekends.
Job duties will involve:
- Working as part of the warehousing team to keep the warehouse stocked with components for the GB3 & GB4 championships
- Ordering specific components for the GB3 & GB4 cars working with a large number of suppliers
- Keeping track of invoices and expected delivery times
- Running the parts truck on race weekends, serving race teams with replacement components
- Keeping the stores/parts truck at Bedford a clean and safe environment to work for all members of staff
- Logging deliveries / stock levels on a stock management system
- Work with the workshop team to accurately pick and compile parts quickly and efficiently
To apply for the role you must meet the below criteria:
- In-depth knowledge of car components (ideally race car knowledge)
- Previous experience working within a stores / workshop environment
- Previous experience using stock control software
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- Knowledge of using "Bills of Materials"
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Full UK Driving license (HGV1 license is desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft systems
In addition to supporting the race series on 8 to 10 weekends per year, our PalmerSport driving event takes place at Bedford Autodrome so part of your time will be allocated to supporting the PalmerSport workshop team with parts supply when needed.
Core working hours are 8.30 - 18.00 in the week but hours are driven by business needs. You must be flexible and able to work some weekends and Bank Holidays, especially during the busiest time of year (typically March to October) along with early starts and late finishes where necessary at for events.
- Date posted:
- Friday, May 13, 2022
- Stores Assistant
- Bedford Autodrome