An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Health and Safety Advisor to join the successful and rapidly-expanding business at MotorSport Vision, Europe's largest motor racing circuit operator. Our venues host a number of prestige championship races including World Superbikes, British Superbikes, British Touring Cars and many more. We are seeking an experienced, dedicated and hardworking advisor to assist the Group Health and Safety Manager. This is an interesting and varied role with plenty of opportunity to grow and develop. You will have a base in our new Donington Park circuit office, working closely with the circuit team as well as autonomous working on group wide projects, and travelling to our other circuits as required.
You will be a proactive and dynamic health and safety advisor, with the ability to balance the business awareness of its health and safety legal duties and best practice, with finding practical solutions when issues arise. This is a challenging and fast-paced working environment where building good relationships and effective communication are crucial. You will assist in the delivery of the Health, Safety, Fire and welfare functions across multiple motorsport venues, however the recently acquired Donington Park will be your focus in the short term.
You must be prepared to work event weekends, including Bank Holidays, during the event season, with occasional visits to other circuits across the group to assist the teams.
Key elements of the role will include:
- Promote a safe and healthy working environment.
- Assist, support and advise the MSV Group circuit teams so they can meet their statutory obligations pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work.
- A solution-based working ethos, with the ability to identify practical solutions to any problems
- Monitor standards, processes and systems to ensure responsibilities associated with Health and Safety at each circuit are adhered to.
- Maintain up-to-date safety documentation
- Provide support to the Group Health and Safety Manager and assist in Group health and safety functions where required.
- Event Safety Management, Estate and Facilities Management.
You will assist the Group Health and Safety Manager implement the H&S management system across the Group.
For this role you will need;
- To have or, be working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, with a minimum NEBOSH National Certificate.
- 2 years experience in a similar event or maintenance based health and safety role.
- Membership of IOSH or other relevant bodies.
- A current, valid, driving license.
- Excellent IT literacy, verbal and written skills, as you will need to use and create systems and spreadsheets to log Health and Safety activity.
- A conscientious and proactive professional approach and the ability to develop relationships at all levels across the Company.
- A keen motorsport interest would be a significant advantage, but is not essential.
The salary for this role is £28,000 - £33,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
Applicants should apply in writing, including a cover letter, CV and salary expectations, to:
Brands Hatch Circuit
Closing Date: Sunday 3 February 2019
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
- Date posted:
- Thursday, January 10, 2019
- Group Health & Safety Advisor
- Donington Park