We have a vacancy for an experienced Design and
Development Engineer based at Bedford Autodrome, home of
the market-leading PalmerSport corporate motorsport driving
The role is primarily to support the company's large racing car and performance car fleet in order to adapt new vehicles to the fleet and to continually improve their performance, reliability, durability and safety, but also to be involved in other challenging technical and engineering solutions across the MSV Group, including the BRDC British F3 Championship.
The role would suit an engineer and designer with a strong and established automotive or motorsport background, who is in possession of the following attributes:
- Excellent overall general mechanical engineering design skills, knowledge and experience.
- A sound understanding of the common manufacturing processes (machining, fabrication, composites, etc.)
- An appreciation of pricing and cost-engineering.
- Setting out production and assembly processes.
- A high level of expertise using CAD to create 2D drawings from 3D models is essential, with NX8.5 familiarity being preferred over other CAD packages.
- Specifying proprietary parts.
- Bill of materials compilation.
- Excellent resource and people management skills are an essential part of the role to ensure rapid and effective roll-out of designs.
- Overseeing our in-house fabrication and manufacturing capability is part of the job and responsibilities.
- Accurate and concise written and communication skills are essential, as is a high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
Knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety legislation and its application within an automotive engineering-based workplace would be advantageous.
Please apply in writing, including salary expectations, notice period and current CV, to:
Thurleigh Airfield Business Park
Bedford, MK44 2YP
fax 01234 360415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for more information on PalmerSport.
- Date posted:
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Design and Development Engineer
- Bedford Autodrome